Your Best Hair Ever
What’s your face shape?
Round: Your face is a perfect circle and its width is equal to its length.
Oval: Your face is symmetrical and forms a perfect oval. Your forehead and jaw are the same width.
Heart: Your wider forehead and cheekbones taper down to a narrow jaw.
Triangle: Your forehead and cheekbones are narrow and widen to a broad jaw.
Square: Your features are sharp and angular. You have a strong jaw and broad forehead.
Oblong: Your face is long and narrow.
What’s the best hairstyle for you?
- Gentles waves help lengthen a round face.
- Longer hairstyles, especially when teamed with layers, work best.
- Try to add height and volume to the crown of your head to help lengthen your shape.
- Avoid a blunt fringe as it can shorten your face -- go for a side-swept fringe instead.
- Most hairstyles tend to suit your face shape -- lucky you!
- You have the freedom to go long, short, layered or blunt.
- It’s wise to opt for styles that are brushed off your face to show off your beautiful face shape.
- Opt for any hairstyles that stop at about the chin or shoulder.
- Avoid blunt fringes.
- Opt for a side-swept fringe.
- Shorter styles seem to suit your face shape best.
- Aim for a style with plenty of feathered layering.
- Avoid blunt styles, especially bobs that finish at your jaw.
- Go for soft, wispy styles that will soften your features.
- Fringes that sweep across your face are great, but avoid blunt versions.
- Medium-length hair looks especially great on a square face shape.
- Rounder styles with layering work to draw attention away from a prominent jawline.
- Avoid blunt hairstyles, especially any that stop at the chin (e.g. a bob) as they’ll draw attention to your jaw and chin area.
- Go for short to medium-length styles.
- Make your face look rounder by choosing a style with plenty of layering and volume at the sides.
- Cuts that finish at about your chin or shoulder look great, especially if they flick out at the ends.
- Avoid any extra volume at the crown of your head, as this will make your face appear even longer.
- Your face shape benefits from some sort of fringing; avoid a middle part if you can.
- Waves and curls look gorgeous, so invest in a curling wand and some hairspray for nights out.