The eyes may be the window to your soul, but did you know your cuticles are the windows to your health? When people look at your hands, do they see nail-bitten fingertips or chipped fingernails? What image are your cuticles portraying?
No matter how attractive or decorative your nail polish job, if your cuticles are dry, ragged or cracked it can give off a bad first impression. It is crucial that your cuticles are healthy -- plus, having healthy cuticles will give your hands that perfect, polished finish that every woman wants.
Importance of cuticle care for health
Cuticles not only protect the base of our nails, but they help prevent you from the attack of germs, resisting the growth of disgusting forms of bacteria like yeast and fungus.
The cause of rough, rugged and unkempt cuticles is often from long exposure to certain harsh chemicals or simply the lack of moisture in the hands.
Luckily, when it comes to cuticle care, getting back on track is cost-affordable to all -- you don’t even need to rush out to your closest nail salon or spa. With this easy guide you can grab a group of girlfriends and hold a DIY nails night complete with caring for you cuticles.
Three vital rules
- To ensure no bleeding occurs, make sure you don’t push back your cuticles when they are dry.
- Keep away from sharp metallic objects. It’s not necessary to use scissors on your cuticles as this can cause damage and infections.
- Moisturise your nails. This is the best way to keep your cuticles out of the danger zone.
Follow these three vital rules and you will no doubt have the healthiest and most gorgeous cuticles around.
Affordable, quick and easy care tips
- Apply moisturiser after washing your hands.
- Never use nail polish remover in excess as it can cause dryness in your nails.
- When using harsh chemicals or cleaning products -- like bleach -- always wear protective gloves.
- Never bite your cuticles!
- Take 15 milligrams of vitamin E daily. Vitamin E to your nails is like water to your body.
- Use a cuticle oil or gel on your nails to keep your cuticles pliable and strong. We love Revitanail’s Cuticle Gel Remover.