This warm slow-cooker recipe serves 4 people and will help spice up your evenings and keep you warm on those cooler nights.
Preparation Time: 15 min
Cooking Time: 420 min
Level of Difficulty: Easy
Works with Simply Filling
- 1 X 3 second spray Always Fresh Olive Oil Extra Light Olive Oil Spray
- 4 large lean lamb leg chop, (600g), cut into 4cm cubes
- 2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp (s) ground coriander seed
- 8 whole whole cardamom, (pods), split
- 1 medium sweet potato, (600g), cut into large chunks
- 2 whole stock cube, dissolved in 2 cups hot water
Place lamb, onions, garlic, coriander, cardamom, sweet potato and stock in a 5-litre capacity slow cooker. Season well with salt and pepper. Cover and cook on a low setting for 7 hours. Make sure to split cardamom pods down centre (not all way through) with a large sharp knife. This will help cardamom flavour to infuse in casserole. Unfortunately some of the black seeds may come out during the cooking process, so be careful not to eat them. They aren't at all harmful to your health, just a little full-on in flavour.
Serve with steamed green beans or broccoli.
This casserole will taste even better the next day, after the flavours have had a chance to develop. It will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days, and is suitable to freeze in an airtight container for up to 3 months.