Pesto Pasta For Dinner
Pasta salad is a delicious summer dish that can be served up as a stand-alone meal, or added to a main meal as a side salad. This recipe for pesto pasta salad is always a hit at BBQ's and dinner parties, as the zesty flavours complement a range of other food types. Consider serving it up at your next shindig - it goes perfectly with barbequed snags!
Pesto Pasta Salad
- 1/3 cup pesto (see below for recipe)
- 250 grams pasta spirals
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 3 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 green capsicum, chopped
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- Cook pasta as per the packet instructions. Drain.
- Mix the vinegar and pesto together until well blended.
- Add all of the ingredients to the pasta in a large bowl and mix well. Serve on its own or as a side dish!
Pesto sauce recipe
- 2 cups loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- 2-3 medium garlic cloves
- 75g ounces grated parmesan cheese
- 1/8 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/8 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor.
- Process on high speed till evenly chopped and mixed.
- Makes about three cups; use in pastas, on sandwiches and as a dipping sauce.