Delicious Chicken Dinners In A Flash
Lemony roast chicken
Take just four ingredients to give an old family favourite a fresh citrus twist.
- Olive oil
- 1 roasting chicken, divided into serving portions
- 2 lemons, washed and quartered
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Pre-heat oven to 232 degrees celcius.
2. Thinly coat the bottom of a large roasting pan with olive oil. Place chicken pieces in the pan, turn to coat with oil and place skin-side up. Add lemon quarters and season.
3. Place pan in pre-heated oven for 15 minutes.
4. Remove pan from oven and turn chicken skin-side down. Return to oven and roast for an additional 15 minutes.
5. Remove pan from oven again and turn chicken skin-side up. Return to oven for 10 more minutes or until skin is brown and internal temperature is around 75 degrees celcius. Avoid resting the thermometre probe against the bone.
6. Let chicken rest for 10 minutes. Squeeze roasted lemon wedges over the chicken and serve.
Buffalo chicken strips
This delicious recipe is the perfect way to make use of leftover chicken. You can cook the chicken breast any way you like 0r speed the process up by using pre-cooked frozen chicken fillets.
- 110g butter
- 1/2 cup hot sauce
- 450g cooked chicken breast, cut into strips
- Blue cheese crumbles, optional
- 2 tbs. chopped fresh chives, optional
1. Melt butter in a pan over medium heat. Stir in sauce and cook for one minute.
2. Add chicken and cook, stirring, until heated through.
3. Sprinkle chicken with blue cheese and chives. Serve.
Three-cheese chicken quesadillas
Give chicken a deliciously cheesy touch with these tasty quesadillas.
- 100g cream cheese
- 8 soft flour tortillas
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- 1/4 cup sliced onions
- 1-1/2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- Sour cream and salsa, optional
1. Spread a quarter of the cream cheese across four tortillas.
2. Add two tablespoons of shredded cheese, 1/2 cup cubed chicken, 1 tablespoon onions and 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese. Top with the remaining four tortillas.
3. Heat a large non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Transfer one of the tortilla stacks to the pan and heat until the bottom starts to brown and the cheese begins to melt.
4. Turn the quesadilla over and heat on the other side for 3-5 minutes. Move to a baking sheet and keep warm in a 90C oven while you cook the remaining three quesadillas.
5. Cut each quesadilla into six wedges and serve with sour cream and salsa.
Next: More chicken dinners in a flash