Quick And Easy Ice-Cream Dessert
Turn this American campfire favourite into a delicious household treat. The tastebud-tingling combination of milk chocolate, crackers and marshmallows can just as easily be cooked in the microwave or oven -- or even made in the freezer! Every member of the family will love these summer treats.
Smores ice cream pie
- 1–1/4 cups plain biscuit crumbs
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 cups vanilla or chocolate ice-cream, slightly softened
- 3 cups mini-marshmallows
- 250 grams milk chocolate, finely chopped
- Whipped topping or sweetened whipped cream, optional
- Additional biscuits, mini-marshmallows and chopped chocolate bars to garnish, if desired
- Grease the bottom of a 30cm plate with butter.
- Stir together the biscuit crumbs, butter and sugar until blended.
- Press into the bottom and sides of the prepared pie plate. Freeze for five minutes.
- Stir ice-cream, marshmallows and chocolate together.
- Spoon into crust. Cover and freeze until firm.
- Soften slightly to serve. Garnish with whipped topping, extra crackers, marshmallows and chocolate, if desired.