Spice Up Your Sides
Watermelon, fetta and mint salad
Even the kids will love this fresh side dish. Make a star out of watermelon and add some colour to the table.
- ¼ watermelon, cubed
- ¼ large red onion, finely sliced
- 4 sprigs coriander, chopped
- 4 sprigs mint, chopped
- 60g fetta, cubed
- Olive oil
- Mix the melon with the onion and herbs.
- Add fetta and move to a presentation plate or bowl.
- Drizzle olive oil over the finished salad.
That's right, we're bringing damper back! Make your forefathers proud with an Aussie take on table bread.
- 4 cups self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk, warmed
- ¾ cup water
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C.
- Sift the flour and salt together, then add the milk. Stir slowly.
- Slowly add the water and stir. The mixture should form a firm dough. Add a little more flour or water to get the right consistency.
- Turn the dough onto a flour-covered surface and knead it into a long loaf shape approximately 5 centimetres thick.
- Dust the top of the damper with flour.
- Move to a greased baking tray and cook in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Wrap in a tea towel to cool.
Note: You can add any combo of ingredients to the centre of the loaf before baking for a delicious surprise when you cut into it. We love cheese and chives!
Check out more delicious BBQ side dishes on the next page >>