The beauty of a casserole is taking the baking dish straight from the oven to the dinner table. Whether you're in the mood for vegetable, chicken or beef, give these quick and easy recipes a try tonight.
- 1 head of broccoli, chopped
- 1 head of cauliflower, chopped
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 large zucchini, sliced
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 2 squash, diced
- 4 tomatoes, quartered
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C. Rub a bit of butter along the inside edges of a large casserole dish with a lid.
- Fill a large pot halfway with water and bring to the boil.
- Add the broccoli, cauliflower and carrots and boil until the vegetables are just beginning to become tender.
- Drain and place in an ovenproof casserole dish.
- Add all remaining ingredients and give the casserole mixture a very gentle stir.
- Cover with a lid and place in the oven. Cook for approximately 20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Olive oil
- 1kg chicken breast
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 400 grams condensed cream of chicken soup (we used two cans)
- ½ head of broccoli, cut into small florets
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 200 grams frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C. Rub a bit of oil along the inside edges of a large, ovenproof casserole dish with a lid.
- Cut the chicken into pieces. Heat the olive oil in a large pan and fry the chicken until it's just cooked and brown on the outside.
- In a large pot, heat the chicken stock, soup and herbs. Add the chicken pieces and stir.
- Throw in the broccoli, carrots and peas, then bring to the boil. Cook veggies until just tender.
- Pour all ingredients into a large, ovenproof casserole dish and secure with a lid. Place in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until all ingredients are cooked through.
- Olive oil
- 700 gram steak
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 400 millilitres warm water
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- Parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Rub a bit of oil along the inside edges of a large, ovenproof casserole dish.
- Cut the steak into cubes.
- Sift the flour into a bowl, then add the paprika, salt and pepper, and stir. Roll the beef cubes in the seasoning until well coated, then transfer to a pan with two teaspoons of oil and fry until just cooked and brown on the outside.
- Place the beef and the excess flour and spice mixture in your greased casserole dish.
- Place the onion, mushrooms, garlic and capsicum in the pan and cook until the capsicum slices start to go soft. Add to the casserole dish.
- In a small, separate bowl, combine the water and tomato paste. Mix well, then pour over the other ingredients in the casserole dish.
- Place the lid on the dish, then pop in the oven and cook for 20 minutes or until cooked through.