Dharma's Kale Salad
Kale is a delicious superfood loaded with phytochemicals, fibre and chlorophyll, which helps clean your blood on the inside, making you look more beautiful on the outside. Kimberly Snyder, nutritionist to the stars, shared her recipe for a healthy and satisfying kale salad -- try it tonight!
Kimberly Snyder combines nutrition and taste in this incredible kale salad -- and it's so easy to make!
Dharma's kale salad
- 1 head of Lacinato (dinosaur) kale is best, but curly kale works also
- 2 handfuls of sprouts (any kind you like) -- Kimberly recommends sunflower sprouts and clover sprouts
- 1 cup of sliced sundried tomatoes or fresh tomatoes
- 1 medium avocado, sliced
- 1 handful of fresh dill, chopped (optional)
- 2-3 tablespoons of lemon juice (Meyer lemons when available)
- 2-4 tablespoons of nutritional yeast
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- 1-2 tablespoons of dulse flakes or dulse strips (optional)
- Coarse Celtic sea salt
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil (optional)
Optional for serving:
Untoasted nori wrappers
- Take the kale stems, one-by-one, and strip the leaves off the thick spine stem by hand.
- Once you have gotten the leaves off, add a pinch of Celtic sea salt to them and shred with your hands to break up the kale, tearing it into little pieces for easy digestion. Using your hands really helps break down the kale, which is important to digest it well.
- Add the dressing ingredients and mix well.
- Add the rest of the sprouts, tomatoes, dill and avocados and mix well again. Feel free to add other raw veggies that you love.
- Cut the nori wrappers into halves or quarters and scoop the salad into them, like mini wraps.